– Bender Element Test Analysis Software Development for Laboratories – Karl Snelling and Dr Sean Rees, Managing Director and Geotechnical Specialist at GDS Instruments discuss the test analysis software development for laboratories that has been developed to interpret the data from bender element test analysis.
– Geotechnical Knowledge Management – Dr Roger Chandler, Managing Director of Keynetix and member of the AGS Data Management committee talks to theGeotechnica once again. This month, Roger examines geotechnical knowledge management, focusing on the benefits of Keynetix HoleBASE SI technology.
– Guarding for Cable Percussion Rigs – This is the second in a series of articles on safely managing all working geotechnical sites, penned for theGeotechnica by the experts at the Equipe Group. This month we focus on safely guarding cable percussion rigs, as well as a brief examination of PUWER and LOLER regulations.
– Wrap Up Warm, It’s Cold Outside! – Writing for theGeotechnica once again is Tom Phillips of RPA Safety Services. This month Tom imparts some valuable health and safety advice for those of us working outside in cold and snowy conditions.
– What Are Normal Background Concentrations? – In this latest article from Geraint Williams, Alcontrol Laboratories’ Senior Environmental Scientist, Geraint writes for theGeotechnica on the subject of new studies carried out by the BGS into normal background concentrations.